Kensington-Cedar Cottage has a wide social and demographic mix, with a range of ethnic groups. This area lies in the centre of east Vancouver, with scenic views from the top of the city’s east-west ridge, and running down to the beautiful urban lake and park of Trout Lake. It combines two historic neighbourhoods: Cedar Cottage, located north of Kingsway to Broadway, between Clark and Knight Streets and Nanaimo Street; and Kensington, located south of Kingsway to 41st Avenue, between Fraser and Nanaimo Streets.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.
Kensington-Cedar Cottage Amenities
- There is a thriving colony of artists, many in residential live/work studios.
- excellent public transportation
- 287 restaurants, bars, and coffee shops within walking distance.
- An everchanging and growing community.
- Single-family dwellings along with new Townhomes and Coach house homes.
Sunset is an ethnically diverse, working-class area filled with single-family homes, townhomes, and condos. In south-central Vancouver, east of Langara Golf Course, and slopes from the Mountain View cemetery down to the Fraser River. Located south of 49th Avenue and east of Marpole, the South Vancouver neighbourhood is situated with Knight Street to the east, industrial Kent Avenue and the Fraser River to the South, Ontario Street to the west and 49th Avenue to the north.
- The area is an Indo-Canadian hub in Vancouver with an immigrant population of over 60 percent
- Both Main Street and Fraser Street are vibrant shopping areas lined with many independently owned stores and restaurants.
- The Punjabi Market area is sometimes known as Little India
- A good selection of shops and services on Fraser Street at 49th Avenue with banks, pharmacies, and fresh vegetable markets.
- Sunset Community Centre and the Sunset Ice Rink
- The community centre also features a state-of-the-art fitness centre, outdoor pool, multiple meeting rooms, gymnasium, youth centre and pre-school.
- Excellent retail along Marine Drive in South Vancouver with numerous big box stores.
Contact us to see what is available in these Neigbourhoods for you.